USE WEEKEND ACTIVITY FUNDS TO
ACTIVATE YOUR YARD TODAY!
Shared Schoolyard Weekend Activity Funds
Thanks for your interest in activating SFUSD Schoolyards on the weekends in partnership with the San Francisco Shared Schoolyards Program.
With the Shared Schoolyard Weekend Activity Fund support- your campus, group or program is eligible to receive up to $2500 (up to $1500 for a single day event) of funding for any program which gets San Francisco children, families and community members out to School Yards across the city. Your program should help to enhance public space available to children and families across San Francisco, and can be any type of event that fits this bill! (Carnivals, BBQs, Soccer Sessions-- all please!)
Application for Shared Schoolyard Activity Funds
Completion of this form will serve as an application for your campus, group or program to receive up to $2500 (up to $1500 for a single day event) of funding for any program which gets San Francisco children, families and community members out to School Yards across the city.
Funds granted through this program are to enhance the quality of life by increasing activation of open yard spaces.
These funds are eligible exclusively to support this activation during program hours, 9-4pm Saturdays and Sundays. Applications for programming occurring outside our program hours will not be considered.
Any application must be submitted for approval by the school’s Principal or administrator at the applying school for the grant to be awarded.
PLEASE Note that these funds are separate from the $1000 PTA support stipend awarded to the PTA/PTO of all participating schools. For info on redeeming these funds- please see the page on this site or reach out to the Shared Schoolyard team directly.
Please visit the Activity Funds Information and Resource Site for additional information and all related form links.
7 Steps Activity Funds Checklist For Partners
Step 1- Apply
- Submit an initial program application
- PLEASE CONSIDER: Applications MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST 3 FULL WEEKS (21 DAYS) PRIOR TO THE PROPOSED EVENT DATE
Step 2- Onboard
- Complete Onboarding call with Shared Schoolyard Program Manager
- Confirm site availability with Principal, send documentation to Program Manager
- Finalize event details and funding request amount/program budget
Step 3- Finalize Event Details
- Submit “Final Program Application” form
- Before completing this form and please make sure you have completed the following steps:
- Completed on boarding call with Shared Schoolyard Program Manager
- Received site availability sign off from Site Principal
- Finalize event details - time, vendors, cost
- Created Program flyer
- Confirmed payment route and invoicing information
- IF CBO- confirmed that your organization will be able to meet all contract, insurance, and staff
- Complete contract
Step 4- Marketing and Outreach
- Add your program to Shared Schoolyard Programming calendar
- Marketing and Outreach- get the word out!
Step 5- DO THE PROGRAM!
Have your Program
- Make sure to take photos!
Step 6- Invoice and Picture Submit
As soon as possible after the program is completed, submit this Post-Program Summary form
- Please note that program is not eligible for payment until this form is completed
- Ensure that invoice has been submitted to program manager and uploaded to your Partner folder
Step 7- Confirm Payment
- When you receive final payment (allow 4-6 weeks) email program manager to confirm your receipt of payment